Collection of your personal information
We collect the following types of personal information to provide you with the products and services you request, as well as information about compatible or related products and services we offer:
- your name;
- contact details, and;
- your financial information.
This personal information may be gathered from client consultations, telephone calls, faxes, emails, letters and by other means.
If you are a visitor to Greenlight’s website, we will generally not collect personal information about you unless you provide this information in an online form. (See the Internet Privacy section below for further information.)
How we use your personal information
Greenlight will only use your personal information for business purposes.
Greenlight may disclose personal information in the following circumstances:
- disclosures (excluding personal financial information) to external service providers who help us operate our business. These external service providers include mailing houses, information technology support and email suppliers. From time to time we also seek expert help to improve our systems, products and services. Greenlight will take reasonable steps to ensure these external service providers comply with the Act and only use personal information for prescribed purposes;
- disclosures including personal information to subcontractors who assist in preforming our business that may include overseas recipients located in India, where a formal and enforceable contract is in place that replicates the same privacy principals as held in Australia and high security levels within that organisation;
- your credit card details may be disclosed to our bankers or payment gateway service provider in order to process payments for services provided to you;
- if you have consented to the disclosure; or
- disclosures we are required or authorised to make by law (for example, to report on compliance matters to regulators such as the Australian Securities & Investments Commission or the Australian Taxation Office) or permitted to make under the Act.
Your personal information may be used by us to administer, monitor and evaluate products and services; gather, aggregate and report statistical information; assist you with any queries as well as to detect and prevent fraud and other illegal activity.
Security of your personal information
Greenlight takes appropriate steps to protect the personal information we hold about you from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If we hold personal information about you and that information is no longer needed by us, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify the relevant information.
Specifically, our security measures include:
- firewalls to prevent hacking of our databases;
- clauses in employee agreements requiring confidentiality;
- national crime checks undertaken for all new employees;
- enforceable contractual arrangements confirming compliance with Australian Privacy Principles (or their equivalent) with any subcontractors where personal information may be handled;
- appropriate security access to our office premises or that of a subcontractor;
- the use of passwords to access database information; and
- document shredders for the disposal of written information.
Our client login area on our website uses a 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol that was developed to protect confidential information such as financial data from interception and hacking.
We cannot be held responsible for lapses in security caused by third-party access to information as a result of your failure to keep your personal information private.
We reserve the right to gather more extensive information about any attempted access to our website that raises security issues and, if appropriate, make disclosures to the relevant authorities.
Access to and maintaining quality of your personal or sensitive information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing. In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining your Personal Information is important to us and ensuring it is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure it is accurate, complete and up to date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is in accurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records.
Sensitive information as defined in the Privacy Act (such as health, criminal record, memberships) will be used by us only:
- for the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent, or where required or authorised by law
In general, you can visit our website without revealing personal information about yourself. When you visit our website, our internet service provider and website managers may make a record of your visit, logging information such as your email address and/or IP address (if applicable), the date and time of your visit, the pages accessed, the domain where you clicked through from, and the type of browser you have used. This information is collected for trend and statistical purposes to enable Greenlight to analyse and enhance its website’s functions and capabilities.
(a) for the purposes for which the inforation was requested and other directly related purposes;
(b) when required or authorised by, or under, law to disclose the information or with your consent.
You have control over any personal information we collect on you and we have provided a check box option on our contact forms and subscriber emails to opt out of any further marketing or promotions. You can also unsubscribe from newsletters by emailing us or clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each Greenlight newsletter.
Greenlight Super Services Contact Details
If you have any questions or complaints or would like further information on these privacy and information handling practices, please use the following contact details:
Attention: The Privacy Officer
Address: Greenlight Super Services, PO Box 3276, MANUKA ACT 2603
Phone: 1300 368 775